Included here are instructions for adding graphics to a document and ways to manipulate them.
1. Move the insertion point to the area of your document that you want to insert your graphic and click.
2. Click on "Insert" on the Menu Bar. When the drop-down menu opens, click on "Picture."
3. A new menu will open giving you the option of inserting Clip Art from the Microsoft program, or importing a graphic "From File" (a graphic saved on one of your computer drives). Choose "ClipArt" the "Insert ClipArt" window will open.
4. Select a category and click on it. A series of pre-selected graphics will appear.
5. Select a graphic and click on it. A small menu box will open, giving you the following choices: "Insert clip," "Preview clip," "Add clip to Favorites or other category," and "Find similar clip."
6. To insert the ClipArt graphic you have chosen, click on "Insert clip," and minimize the "Insert ClipArt" window.
7. The graphic will appear on your document. You have several options to resize and re-position your graphic. You may manipulate the graphic physically by clicking on the graphic. It will be surrounded by a series of tiny squares. By using your mouse, you may drag the graphic, or re-shape and re-size it.
8. When the graphic is the desired size and in the desired location, click outside of the graphic. The squares will disappear. You may re-size and re-shape the figure again by repeating step 7.
9. You may also alter the picture, size and layout through a series of menus. Double-left click on the graphic. A series of tiny boxes and lines will surround the graphic and a "Format Picture" window will open.
10. To re-size the graphic, click on the "Size" tab on the "Format Picture" window. The current size is listed in the "Height" and "Width" spaces. Changing either the height or the width will automatically re-size the other space. When you have entered the desired size, click "OK."
11. To crop the graphic, repeat step 9, and click the "Picture" tab. Enter the amount that you wish to remove from each or any of the four sides of the graphic. When you have entered the amount/s click on "OK." You may repeat this step as often as you wish, until you have sized the graphic to your liking.
12. By default, the graphic will insert between lines of text ("In line with text.") If you wish to wrap the text around the graphic or anything extraordinary, repeat step 9. and click on the "Layout" tab.
13. You may click on any of the options given (Square, Tight, Behind text, or In front of text). When you have made your choice, click "OK." If you don't like your selection, repeat the steps above until you achieve your desired effect.